Curried Chicken Pot Pie
Adding curry powder to chicken pot pie elevates it to a new realm. This comforting food is delicious for a cold winterʼs night.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 can (4 oz.) mushroom pieces
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups leftover cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 cup frozen diced carrots, thawed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 unbaked refrigerated pie crust (9 inches)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and add onion; cook and stir until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with flour, salt, and pepper, and curry powder; cook and stir until bubbly, about 3 minutes.
- Drain mushrooms, reserving juice. Add reserved juice and chicken stock to saucepan; cook and stir until sauce is thickened, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and add chicken, carrots, and peas.
- Pour mixture into a 10-inch deep dish pie plate. Top with the pie crust, crimp edges, and cut slits in the top to let steam escape. Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken mixture is bubbling and crust is golden brown. Serve immediately.