This dish is often called Crabmeat Indienne. “Indienne” is the name given to many curried dishes in France.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ¼ small onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1½ cups lump crabmeat
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Place a skillet over medium heat. Once it is heated, add the butter. Once the butter stops foaming, add the onion, stirring frequently for 3 minutes, or until the onion is softened.
- Stir the flour into the skillet with the curry powder to create a paste. Stir the paste continually for 2 minutes.
- Slowly pour in the chicken broth, whisking continually to prevent lumps. Bring to a simmer and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the crabmeat and cook until heated. Remove from the heat and serve over the warm rice.