Curried Fruit Crisp
All these fruits are complemented beautifully by the curry powder and the crunchy topping.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (15 oz.) sliced peaches, drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) apricot halves, drained
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 1⁄4 cups melted butter, divided
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. curry powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups packed dark brown sugar, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Arrange all the drained fruit in a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish. In small bowl, combine lemon juice, 1⁄4 cup butter, curry powder, and 1⁄2 cup brown sugar; mix well. Spoon this mixture over the fruit; stir gently to coat.
- In large bowl, combine 2 cups brown sugar, flour, oatmeal, cinnamon, and salt. Add remaining 1 cup melted butter and mix until crumbly. Press this mixture over the fruit.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the topping is dark golden brown and crisp. Let cool for 15 minutes, then serve warm.