Curried Lamb with Dried Mango
You can find dried mango in almost any market these days. If you are having trouble, go to an Asian or Indian market.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 9 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. Madras curry powder
- ¾ lb. lamb stew meat, cut into 1” cubes
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 large white onion, cut into medium dice
- ½ cup canned diced tomatoes
- ½ cup diced dried mango
- 1 cup store-bought gravy
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Mix together the yogurt and curry powder, and coat the lamb in the mixture. Let marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Heat the butter in a pot until it stops bubbling, then add the onions. Brown the onions slightly over medium heat. Add the marinated meat along with all the remaining ingredients.
- Partially cover, and simmer gently for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the meat is very tender. Skim off excess fat and serve hot.