Curried Lemongrass Shrimp & Brown Rice
Fragrant ingredients curry and lemongrass make the shrimp special.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass, grated
- 1 1⁄2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil
- In a large skillet heat olive oil. Add the onion and carrots and sauté for 6 minutes.
- Add the garlic and curry powder and sauté another 2 minutes.
- Add rice and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes. Stir in lemongrass, salt and pepper.
- Add shrimp into partially cooked rice. Cover and cook until the shrimp are opaque, 4 to 5 minutes. Gently fold in the basil.