Curried Parsnip Purée
These versatile and pleasantly sweet vegetables are related to carrots and can be roasted, cooked in stews, and pureed.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 4 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 5 medium parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup 2% milk
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Add the parsnips, vegetable broth, milk, curry powder, and salt to a 4-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook over low heat for 4 hours.
- Cool slightly, then use an immersion blender to process, or use a blender or food processor and blend in batches.
- Stir in the butter and heat until melted. Scoop into individual bowls and swirl in a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with black pepper just before serving.