Curried Potato Biscuits
This is an interesting and different biscuit that will surprise your friends and family!
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. curry powder
- ¼ cup cold vegan margarine, cut into pieces
- 1 cup mashed potatoes mashed
- 3 Tbsp. soy milk
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and curry powder. Using a pastry cutter or large fork, cut margarine and mashed potatoes into flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add soy milk, stirring until just moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead 10 times, then roll out to ½" thick. With a biscuit cutter or the rim of a drinking glass, cut dough into rounds and place on an ungreased baking sheet 1" apart.
- Bake 12–15 minutes, or until tops are just beginning to brown. Serve warm.