Curried Potatoes and Cauliflower
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ lbs. new red potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" cubes
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup water
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 Tbsp. toasted pine nuts
- Place potatoes in a bowl of water and set aside.
- Heat the canola oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; add onion, garlic, and ginger and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion begins to soften, about 1 minute. Sprinkle in the cumin, turmeric, and cayenne, and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Drain the potatoes. Add the potatoes and cauliflower to the pan, and stir to coat with spices. Add the water, cover, and cook until the potatoes are almost tender, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the peas and spinach, and cook until tender and the liquid is absorbed, about 3 minutes longer. Stir in the pine nuts. Serve hot.