Curried Shrimp with Rice
This simple shrimp dish is anything but when it comes to flavor—coconut milk, lime, curry, and ginger play ever so well with the brininess of the shrimp.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 small garlic cloves, smashed, peeled, and finely chopped, (about 1 Tbsp.)
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice
- ½ Tbsp. lime zest
- If using frozen shrimp, rinse under cold running water for 3 minutes or until thawed. If using fresh shrimp, let stand in warm salted water for 5 minutes. Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add the chopped garlic and onion. Cook on medium-low heat until the onion is tender. Add the shrimp. Cook on medium heat until the shrimp turns pink.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, coconut milk, lime juice, curry powder, ginger, salt, and pepper. Cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes, until heated through. Serve over the rice and top with lime zest