Curried Turkey Pockets
Curry powder adds great flavor to this complex sandwich. Vary the amount to suit your taste buds.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¾ cup plain yogurt
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- ⅛ tsp. ground mace
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- ½ cup Italian vinaigrette
- 1 green apple, cubed
- ½ cup sliced celery
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- ¼ cup raisins
- 4 pita breads
- 2 cups baby greens
- In a small bowl, stir the yogurt with curry powder and mace and mix well. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine turkey and vinaigrette. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Add the apple, celery, almonds, and raisins to the turkey. Stir the curry-yogurt dressing into turkey mixture.
- Cut the pita breads in half, forming 8 pockets. Line each pocket with greens, then spoon in the turkey mixture, dividing it evenly. Serve immediately.