Curried Vegetable Cakes
This is a great way to get kids to eat their veggies. A nonstick pan helps prevent sticking. Sour cream makes a good garnish.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large potato, peeled and shredded
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess moisture
- 1⁄2 box (10 oz.) frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1⁄2 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp. gluten-free curry powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup gluten-free cornmeal
- 5 large eggs, well beaten
- In a large bowl mix together all ingredients and form into patties.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Drop patties, 3 to 4 at a time, into the pan and fry until delicately browned. Turn to brown other side. Let cook for 2 to 3 minutes to brown. Serve hot.