Curry Cayenne Peanuts
The key to success for this recipe is a premium-quality curry powder and fresh unsalted nuts.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large egg white
- 2 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1½ tsp. kosher salt
- Sugar substitute equal to 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 3 cups unsalted mixed nuts (peanuts, almonds, and cashews)
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whip the egg white until frothy. Add the curry powder, salt, sugar substitute, and cayenne pepper; whisk until evenly blended. Add the nuts and stir until evenly coated.
- Spread the nuts in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets. Roast, uncovered, for about 20 minutes until the nuts are dry and toasted. Stir and turn the nuts at least 2 times during the roasting process. (Be very watchful during the last half of baking, as the nuts can burn quickly.) Remove the nuts from the oven and transfer them to a sheet of parchment paper to cool.