Dairy- and Egg-Free Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Filling
This is a fruity, chocolaty recipe that’s egg and dairy free. It’s safe for many diets and delicious too.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (16.4 oz.) Cherrybrook Kitchen Chocolate Cake mix and ingredients called for on package
- 1 package (10.5 oz. Cherrybrook Kitchen Chocolate Frosting mix and ingredients called for on package
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 1⁄2 pint fresh raspberries
- Prepare and bake cake according to package instructions for two layer cakes. Set cake aside to cool.
- While cake is cooling, prepare chocolate frosting according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Place one cake on a serving platter and spread with a thin layer of frosting.
- Top with raspberry jam, leaving a 1⁄2-inch border around the edge to ensure that jam doesn’t run over the sides.
- Place second cake round on top of the first and frost top and sides with remaining frosting. Arrange berries on top of cake.
- Chill cake until ready to serve.