Dairy-Free Almond Yogurt
No need to search store shelves for vegan or raw varieties of yogurt when youʼve got a delightful batch of this beautiful dairy-free yogurt at home!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 16 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 2 cups water or young coconut water
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. miso
- Soak the almonds in water for 12–24 hours. Drain the water and replace with fresh water after 6 hours.
- Drain and rinse the almonds. Blend them with water or young coconut water, salt, and miso until creamy.
- Place mixture into a yogurt maker, or use a glass jar and cover the opening with a cheesecloth. Fasten cheesecloth to the jar with a rubber band or string.
- Let the mixture sit at room temperature for 6–8 hours, then serve.