Dairy-Free Blueberry Bread
The combination of citrusy orange juice and blueberries will wake up your taste buds for sure.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 cups whole grain pastry flour
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- 6 Tbsp. soft lactose-free margarine
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9" × 5" loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mix blueberries with 2 tablespoons flour in a small bowl. Set aside. Mix remaining flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Place sugar and margarine in a large mixing bowl. Beat for 3 minutes on high with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat well. Continue beating and add orange juice. Place mixer on low speed, adding flour mixture gradually and blending well. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan. Bake about 60 minutes or until wooden toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes in pan. Remove pan and place back on wire rack to cool completely.