Dairy-Free Bordelaise Sauce
This sauce is delicious on lamb, but also pairs well with most other meats. Use your creativity and pair it up!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. lactose-free margarine
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup. dry red wine
- 1 tsp. beef-flavored bouillon granules
- 1½ tsp. minced fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- ⅛ tsp. dried whole thyme
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- In a small saucepan, melt margarine over low heat. Sauté shallot until softened. Gradually add flour, stirring constantly until smooth (about one minute).
- Slowly add water, wine, and bouillon. Stir constantly until sauce reaches a smooth consistency.
- Stir in parsley, bay leaf, thyme, and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Remove bay leaf. Serve sauce warm.