Dairy-Free Cream Cheese Frosting
For lactose-intolerant guests or for anyone who prefers to omit dairy, this recipe creates a delicious sweet frosting with a touch of tang.
Makes: 1Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup Earth Balance Buttery Baking Sticks, softened
- 1⁄3 cup coconut butter
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 Tbsp. spelt flour
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- In a mixing bowl, mix together Earth Balance Buttery Baking Sticks and coconut butter using a hand-held mixer.
- Add lemon juice, vanilla extract, confectioners’ sugar, and flour and mix. The batter may be a little crumbly.
- Add almond milk slowly and beat until smooth and silky or to desired consistency. Store in an airtight container in a cool place.