Dairy-Free Creamy Asparagus Soup
Creamy soups are often laden with dairy, flour, and other ingredients that are not so good for your gut. This updated version of cream of asparagus is just as tasty and has the same consistency of the original.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 small Idaho potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 lbs. asparagus, chopped
- 3 medium leeks, chopped
- 2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups almond milk
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a stockpot over medium heat. Add garlic and potatoes; sauté for about 10 to 15 minutes, until potatoes are fork-tender, adding water as needed to prevent sticking and promote steaming.
- Add remaining olive oil to pan. Add asparagus, leeks, and pepper to stockpot and sauté until tender.
- Add almond milk to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- With an immersion blender, emulsify the ingredients until thick and creamy. Serve immediately.