Dairy-Free Creamy Avocado Dressing
Combining the lemon juice with the avocado in this recipe serves two purposes. One is for the flavor; the other is to prevent the dressing from turning dark.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 1⁄3 cup soy milk
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 tsp. fresh dill
- 1⁄2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground white pepper
- Halve the avocado and remove the pit; peel the avocado.
- Combine the avocado, soy milk, lemon juice, olive oil, mayonnaise, dill, thyme leaves, salt, and pepper in a blender. Blend until smooth, scraping the sides with a rubber spatula.
- Pour dressing into a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Before serving, shake to blend. This dressing will keep for 5 days in the refrigerator, tightly covered.