Dairy-Free German-Style Apple Pancakes
It just doesnʼt get any easier or more scrumptious than these fresh apple pancakes.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 lb. apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 5 Tbsp. lactose-free margarine
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup vanilla soy milk
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine apples, sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice in a bowl. Toss to coat the apples.
- Melt 2 tablespoon margarine in a large, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Add the apple mixture and sauté the apples for 6 minutes or until just soft.
- Place the remaining margarine in an 8" × 11" × 2" baking dish. Put baking dish in the oven until the margarine is melted. Spread apples evenly over the bottom of the dish.
- Prepare the batter by whisking together the eggs and soy milk in a bowl until well blended. Add flour and salt. Stir until just combined. The batter will be slightly lumpy. Slowly pour batter over apples.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the pancake is golden brown and puffed.