Dairy-Free Meyer Lemon Panna Cotta
Using coconut for dairy in this dessert makes for a delicious flavor. Tangy and creamy, this is the perfect dessert for a hot summer day.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 6 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp. powdered unflavored gelatin
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- Zest of 1 Meyer lemon
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. fresh Meyer lemon juice
- Pour coconut milk into a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin on top, and let sit 5 minutes. Add sugar, all but 1 teaspoon of zest, coconut oil and lemon juice.
- Place saucepan over low heat and whisk until gelatin and zest are completely incorporated, about 3 minutes. Simmer over very low heat about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Pour into 2 glasses or molds. Refrigerate until set, at least 6 hours or overnight. Serve with remaining lemon zest.