Dairy-Free Pasta Primavera
This veggie pasta dish uses a dairy-free “cream” sauce made from cauliflower…simply delicious!
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 23 minutesTotal: 38 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 tablespoon Kroger® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 packages (10 oz. each) cauliflower florets
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces linguine, cooked according to package directions
- 12 frozen asparagus spears, broken in half
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup red bell pepper, cut into ½” pieces
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- Vegan grated Parmesan, if desired
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté until onion is tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in cauliflower, broth, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer 15 minutes or until cauliflower is very tender. Remove from heat; uncover and let cool slightly. Transfer to a food processor or blender; process until smooth. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, adding asparagus, peas, bell pepper and carrots during the last 4 minutes of cooking time. Drain, reserving ¼ cup cooking water.
- Return pasta-vegetable mixture to pot; stir in cauliflower sauce and lemon juice. Add reserved pasta cooking water as needed to reach desired consistency. Top with sliced green onion. Add vegan Parmesan, if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.