Dal is a classic East Indian dish. Now you can enjoy this excellent cuisine in the comfort of your own home! You may wish to serve with flatbread.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 9 minutesTotal: 2 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 6 cloves garlic
- ¼ Scotch bonnet chili pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup dried yellow split peas
- 2 cans (30 oz.) low-sodium vegetable stock
- Mince the garlic. Stem, seed, and mince the chili pepper.
- Heat the oil to medium temperature in a medium-size saucepot; sauté the garlic and chili for 1 minute.
- Add the peas and stock; simmer for 1–2 hours, until the peas are thoroughly cooked.