Dan Dan Noodles
A mild, sweetened rice vinegar works very well in this recipe. If you want to add a vegetable, try 1 cup of blanched bean sprouts.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 oz. fresh egg noodles
- 2 tsp. plus 1 Tbsp. sesame oil, divided
- 3 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. dark soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. light soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. hot chili oil
- 1½ Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 3 green onions, cut into 1" pieces
- Bring a pot of water to boil, and cook the noodles al dente, no longer than 5 minutes. Drain thoroughly and toss with 2 teaspoons of sesame oil. Cool.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the peanut butter, dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, and chili oil. Process until smooth.
- Mix the sauce in with the noodles. Sprinkle the toasted sesame seeds over. Garnish with the green onion.