Danish Remoulade Sauce
The Danes’ version of French remoulade sauce is unique in that it includes curry powder to add color and spice. Be careful with the curry; use just enough to give the remoulade a light yellow tint.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. minced parsley
- 2 Tbsp. green onions, both white and green parts, finely chopped
- 2 cornichon (gherkin) pickles, minced
- 2 cornichon (gherkin) pickles, sliced
- 1 tsp. minced capers
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground white pepper
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, parsley, green onions, minced gherkins, capers, lemon juice, and mustard.
- Stir in curry powder, salt, and pepper.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Garnish with sliced gherkins.