Dark Chocolate, Pecan, and Sea Salt Cookie Bars
Nutty and sweet, pecan cookie bars are cooked until gooey-crisp and topped with a schmear of dark chocolate and sprinkling of sea salt. You may want to make a double batch because these squares disappear fast!
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (16.5 oz.) prepared sugar cookie dough
- 1½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. coarse sea salt flakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9" x 13" baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, knead together the sugar cookie dough, pecans, and flour, until a soft dough has formed. Press the dough into the bottom the prepared pan. Bake until golden brown and the center is set, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, heat together the chocolate chips and butter until melted, about 90 seconds. Stir until smooth, then spread over the cooled cookie bars. Sprinkle with sea salt flakes and return the cookie bars to the refrigerator for 10 minutes, until the chocolate had firmed up slightly. Slice into 2" squares.