If you like, frost these brownies with a mixture of 1⁄2 cup peanut butter and 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips, melted together until smooth.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 5 Tbsp. water
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 13-by-9-inch pan and set aside.
- Combine sugar, butter, and water in large saucepan and cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat and add chocolate chips; stir until melted. Add vanilla and eggs and beat well. Stir in flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt and mix. Stir in pecans.
- Spread batter in prepared pan and bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center of pan comes out clean. Do not overbake. Cool brownies on rack, then cut into bars.