Decadent Chocolate Frosting
This frosting tastes like a chocolate truffle. Spread it over cake, brownies, or sandwiched between sugar cookies.
Makes: 3Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 6 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. milk chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb. semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- In large saucepan, combine all ingredients except vanilla and melt over low heat, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes.
- When mixture is melted and smooth, remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour into large bowl and refrigerate until firm, about 5 to 6 hours.
- When ready to frost cake, remove mixture from refrigerator and beat with electric mixer until light and fluffy.