The design on this bread is only limited by your imagination! Use a variety of vegetables and herbs to create a field of wildflowers, a forest of fall colored trees or even an undersea garden.
Serves: 12Prep: 2 hoursCook: 25 minutesTotal: 2 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (.25 oz.) Kroger Brand Active Dry Yeast
- 2 cups warm but not hot water (100°F-110°F)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 10 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Green onions, for decorating, optional
- Bell peppers, for decorating, optional
- Grape tomatoes, for decorating, optional
- Olives, for decorating, optional
- Parsley, for decorating, optional
- Red onion, for decorating, optional
- Flaky salt for decorating, optional
- In bowl of stand mixer, combine yeast, water and sugar. Let sit 5 minutes or until small bubbles form.
- Add flour, salt and ¼ cup olive oil. Using dough hook on low, stir together until flour is incorporated. Increase speed to medium; mix 5 to 6 minutes. Dough will be sticky.
- Transfer dough to an oiled bowl. Cover; let rest at room temperature about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In 18”x13” rimmed baking pan, add remaining 6 tablespoons olive oil to generously coat bottom.
- Place dough in pan, turning once to coat both sides with oil. Using fingertips, press dough out to fill pan while also making deep divots in dough.
- Use vegetables and herbs to decorate top of bread as desired, cutting vegetables into desired shapes and sizes.
- Sprinkle with flaky salt. Let rest, lightly covered, at room temperature, for about 30 minutes or until dough has roughly doubled.
- Bake 22 to 27 minutes or until golden brown. Cool before serving.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature.