Deep-Dish Cheese Pizza
This recipe makes the most basic casserole-style pizza. Be sure to serve with forks and plenty of napkins.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 lbs. pizza dough
- 2 lbs. sliced mozzarella cheese
- 4 cups chunky spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Coat 2 deep-dish pizza or pie pans with oil. Divide dough and press into pans, making sure dough goes all the way up the sides of the pans.
- Lay mozzarella slices over the crust of each pizza, using about half the mozzarella.
- Pour 1 1⁄2 cups sauce in the center of each pizza and spread evenly over the mozzarella. Lay remaining mozzarella slices evenly over the sauce. Spread remaining sauce over the cheese layer, dividing evenly over the two pizzas.
- Sprinkle 1⁄2 cup Parmesan over the top of each pizza.
- Reduce heat to 400°F and bake pizzas for 25 minutes or until crust is light brown and centers are browned and bubbly.