Deep-Fried Chicken Wings
To turn fried wings into Buffalo wings, mix
Serves: 10Hands-on: 50 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 20 chicken wings, halved and trimmed
- 1½ cups chickpea flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1½ cups water
- 1 large egg
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 quarts vegetable oil
- Dry chicken wings thoroughly on paper towels.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, garlic powder, water, egg, salt, and pepper in the blender until smooth. Pour into a large bowl.
- Heat the oil to 350°F. Dip the wings, 3 or 4 at a time, in the batter and, using tongs, place them in the hot oil. Fry for 20 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels. Keep warm in a low (200°F) oven if you make the wings in advance.