Deep-Fried Turkey Meatballs
If you have a party or TV game night planned, you can make these in advance and either freeze them or fry at the last moment. Or prepare and refrigerate, then pop in the oven to re-heat.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 45 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 Tbsp. chopped onion
- 2 slices Italian bread, cubed
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 cup canola oil
- Combine garlic, onion, bread, egg, cinnamon, oregano, salt, pepper, and cheese in a food processor or blender. Pulse until well blended, then transfer to a large bowl.
- Add ground turkey and mix thoroughly. Form mixture into 32 meatballs.
- Heat the oil to 375°F in a frying pan. Fry the meatballs until brown. Drain on paper towels.