Del Monte® Avocado Sweet Pea Toasts
In addition to ripe avocado, herbs and lemon juice, this easy-to-make toast has an extra veggie ingredient: sweet peas!
Serves: 2Prep: 10 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (8 oz.) Del Monte® Sweet Peas, drained
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves, optional
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 slices (1/2” thick) crusty artisan bread
- 1 clove garlic, halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Heat oven to broil.
- In medium bowl, use fork to smash peas. Add avocado flesh, mint or basil and lemon juice and smash into chunky paste.
- Rub one side of each bread slice with cut side of garlic clove; then brush with oil and season with salt.
- Place bread directly on top rack of oven and broil for 1 minute, until toasted and golden brown. Transfer bread to a cutting board.
- Spread avocado mixture evenly onto toast and sprinkle with mint or basil. Garnish with black pepper, red pepper flakes and additional toppings as desired. Cut each slice in half to serve.
- Optional toppings: Cherry tomatoes, fresh cilantro, Del Monte® Whole Kernel Corn, hot sauce, feta, goat cheese, black beans, radish or cucumber