Delicioso Breakfast Tacos
Head south of the border for your next breakfast and whip up this satisfying meal in no time.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup lactose-free milk
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 strips bacon
- 4 hard corn taco shells
- 1⁄2 cup shredded light Cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomatoes
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, egg whites, milk, salt, and pepper. Beat eggs until fluffy.
- In a 9-inch skillet over medium-low heat, add bacon strips and once sizzling, turn heat to low. Flip bacon often or until browned. Remove and place between paper towels to soak up excess oil.
- Pour in egg mixture and gently push, lift, and fold eggs with spatula until set and cooked to desired doneness. Remove from heat and use the edge of your spatula to cut egg mixture into chunks.
- Divide egg mixture among tacos, then add cheese, bacon, bell peppers, and tomatoes.