Delicious Prime Rib
Rather than packing a prime rib with loads of salt, you can opt for a healthier recipe that makes delicious use of spices instead. Creating healthy cuts of this beautiful roast will make an enjoyable meal with tender meat full of flavor, not sodium.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. celery seed
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 14 lb. prime rib roast, trimmed of the fat
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F and prepare a large roasting pan.
- Combine the celery seed, sea salt, pepper, and onion powder in a small dish.
- Pat the rib roast with the olive oil, pat on the minced garlic, and sprinkle the entire roast with the spice mixture.
- Bake for 4 hours or until an internal temperature shows the corresponding doneness desired.