The Denver sandwich is simply a western omelet transformed into a sandwich, with cheese added for extra protein.
Serves: 1Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. pepper
- 1⁄8 tsp. paprika
- 2 Tbsp. diced ham
- 1 Tbsp. diced onion
- 1 Tbsp. diced green bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 2 slices processed Swiss cheese
- 2 slices bread, toasted
- In a small bowl, lightly beat the egg with the milk. Stir in the salt, pepper, and paprika. Mix in the ham, onion, and green pepper.
- Melt the butter or margarine in a frying pan over low heat. Swirl the butter around to make sure the pan is entirely coated.
- Place the egg mixture in the pan. Brown on the bottom, then turn over and cook on the other side.
- Add 1 slice Swiss cheese on each piece of toast. Use a spatula to place the egg mixture on a slice of toast. Top with the other slice.