Dessert Acorn Squash with Cranberries
This sweet squash recipe is all about caramelized flavor and creamy texture.
Serves: 2Prep: 10 minutesCook: 1 hour 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup cranberries, thawed if frozen
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 acorn squash, halved and seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the walnuts, cranberries and brown sugar.
- Place the squash, cut side up, in a baking dish. Split the mixture between the two halves evenly. Top each with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Loosely cover the squash with aluminum foil. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes-1 hour and 30 minutes, until a fork is easily inserted in the squash.
- Serve with Private Selection Double Vanilla Ice Cream.
- Refrigerate leftovers.