Deviled Crab Stuffed Tomatoes
The term “deviled” has a few different culinary meanings, one of which is the inclusion of spices. In this recipe, crab is mixed with mayonnaise and combination of bold spices for a tasty (and keto-friendly) meal. Be sure to freeze the insides of the tomatoes for future soups, sauces or stews!
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 on-the-vine tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons shallot, finely diced
- 1 rib celery, finely diced
- 1⁄2 red pepper, finely diced
- 8 ounces Private Selection™ Wild Caught Claw Crab Meat
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or paprika
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice tops off of each tomato. Scoop out seeds and flesh, leaving about ¼” shell (reserve flesh for another use, if desired). Place upside down on paper towels until ready to use.
- In medium bowl, mix together shallot, celery, red pepper, crab, mayonnaise, egg, almond flour, Old Bay and garlic powder. Divide mixture evenly between tomatoes.
- Transfer tomatoes to baking pan. Top each with a piece of butter and sprinkle of cayenne or paprika.
- Bake 25-28 minutes, until crab mixture is browned on top and internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Refrigerate leftovers.