Dilled Green Beans
Serve these fresh, low calorie green beans as a side dish to grilled fish, along with a fruit salad and some angel food cake for dessert. The red pepper flakes add a little bit of zing to an already flavorful dish.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill weed
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- Steam the beans until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Place beans in large bowl. Add dill, red pepper flakes, and mustard and stir to coat.
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, water, sugar, and salt and bring to a boil. Pour the vinegar mixture over the beans and serve.