Dilly Deviled Eggs
Deviled eggs are a great way to use up extra hard-cooked eggs. This recipe calls for dried dill in the filling, but if you want to substitute fresh you will need to double the amount, because fresh herbs have a less concentrated flavor.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 large hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. dried dill
- 1 tsp. dried chives
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. fresh dill fronds
- Cut eggs in half and put egg yolks into a bowl and mash with a fork. Add mayonnaise, dill, chives, salt, and pepper. Mix well, then spoon or pipe into the egg whites. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- To serve, top each egg with a little fresh dill. Serve chilled.