Diner-Style Western Omelet
In a western omelet, the vegetables are added to the egg mixture before the egg is fried in the pan.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- 3 Tbsp. diced ham
- 3 Tbsp. diced scallions
- 3 Tbsp. diced green bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- ¼ cup salsa
- Lightly beat the eggs with the milk. Stir in the salt and pepper. Mix in the ham, scallions, and green pepper.
- Melt the butter or margarine in a frying pan over low heat. Swirl the butter around to coat the pan entirely.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan. Cook over low heat. After the omelet has been cooking for a few minutes, tilt the pan occasionally or lift the edges of the omelet with a spatula so that the uncooked egg runs underneath.
- When the omelet is cooked evenly throughout, loosen the edges of the omelet with a spatula. Carefully slide the spatula underneath the omelet and fold it in half. Slide the omelet onto a plate. Serve with salsa.