Dinner-Size Herbed Popovers
These pint-sized popovers make elegant dinner rolls. They are easy to make, just plan ahead to make the batter at least 24 hours before baking them.
Serves: 20Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 day 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ½ tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- ½ tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup whole milk
- 5 large eggs
- 7 Tbsp. butter, melted and divided
- In large bowl, combine flour, salt, and herbs and mix together. In medium bowl, combine milks, eggs, and 3 tablespoons melted butter and beat well. Add to flour mixture and whisk until thoroughly combined. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 24 hours. Batter can be made ahead up to three days.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease 2 standard-sized muffin pans with the remaining 4 tablespoons melted butter. Fill each cup half full of batter. Bake for 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 350°F and bake for 15–25 minutes longer until popovers are puffed and deep golden brown. Remove from cups and serve immediately.