DIY Chocolate Shell Ice Cream Topping
It’s simple to make this fun topping yourself! The fat in coconut oil helps this topping harden shortly after it hits the ice cream.
Serves: 4Prep: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup Private Selection™ Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 carton (16 fl. oz.) Private Selection™ Sea Salt Caramel Truffle Ice Cream (or other desired flavor)
- Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 30-second increments, stirring in between, until completely smooth.
- Cool slightly; then drizzle over ice cream. Let it set about 1 minute before cracking with a spoon.
- Refrigerate any leftovers, microwaving in 30-second intervals before next use.