Double Blueberry Pie
The addition of dried blueberries to fresh blueberries makes this pie even richer in fiber and flavor. If you can’t find dried blueberries, use cut-up dried apples for the same high-fiber results.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 premade pie crusts
- 4 cups blueberries
- ½ cup dried blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. grated lemon zest
- 4 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 oz. butter, cut in pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line pie pan with one circle of pie dough.
- Mix blueberries with dried blueberries, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and cornstarch and put them in the pie shell. Dot blueberries with butter pieces.
- Cover the blueberries with the other pie-dough circle, crimp the edges to seal, and cut slits in the top. Sprinkle with sugar and bake for 50 minutes. Cool before slicing.