Double Chocolate Chip Peppermint Drop Cookies
Be sure to use real cocoa powder and not instant cocoa mix in this recipe.
Makes: 48Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with the sugars and cocoa powder. Add the egg, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract.
- In another bowl, sift the baking soda and salt into the flour. Gradually mix it into the butter and sugar. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the cookies by teaspoonful onto an ungreased baking sheet, placed well apart (about 15 cookies per baking sheet). Bake for 10 minutes, depending on how crispy you like them.