Double Chocolate Cookies
Honey is the secret ingredient to keeping these rich chocolate cookies sweet and soft. For a truly enticing confection, sandwich these cookies with a rich fudge sauce.
Makes: 48Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup honey
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup sugar-free chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter, honey, and coconut sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and stir to combine. Add the chocolate chunks and mix.
- Drop 1" balls on baking sheets 2" apart and bake for 8 minutes. Cookies will still be soft when done, so do not overbake. Slide the parchment paper off the baking sheet and allow to cool. Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days.