Double Chocolate Football Cake Pops
With creamy fudge on the inside, hard chocolate on the outside and easy-to-grab sticks for every guest, these kickin’ cake pops are ready to take the field.
Serves: 48Prep: 1 hour 40 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 2 hours 10 minutes
- 1 box (16.5 oz.) Kroger Brand Delicious Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 1 tub (16 oz.) Kroger Brand Rich & Creamy Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- 2 bags (10 oz.) chocolate melting wafers
- 48 Skewers, or Alternative Craft Stick
- White decorating frosting
- In 9”x13” baking pan, prepare cake mix according to package instructions. Let cool completely.
- In food processor or by hand, crumble cake. Stir in frosting. Form mixture into 1½” football-shaped cake pops. Arrange on baking sheet.
- Place a craft stick into the bottom of each football. Freeze 30 minutes.
- In microwave-safe dish, place chocolate melting wafers. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each addition, until smooth.
- Working one at a time, carefully dip cake pops into melted chocolate to coat completely. Stick into Styrofoam to let chocolate dry.
- Using frosting, draw laces on each football.
- Serve and store leftovers in an airtight container.