Double Chocolate Gluten-Free Brownies
This recipe uses melted and whole chocolate chunks along with cocoa powder for a super-rich, decadent chocolate treat. Many chocolate chunks brands, such as Enjoy Life, are free of both gluten and dairy.
Serves: 9Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 bag (11 1⁄2 oz.) chocolate chunks, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. sorghum flour
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Make an aluminum foil sling for an 8-by-8-inch baking pan by cutting 2 strips of foil (12 inches long). Cut or fold one side of each strip to 8 inches. Lay 1 sheet of foil in the pan and press into the corners of the pan bottom. The ends of the foil should overhang the edges of the pan. Lay the second strip of foil perpendicular to the first and press into the corners of the pan bottom. should be Grease with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine water, sugar, and butter. Cook, stirring until melted, about 2 minutes. Add chocolate chunks and stir until fully melted into the mixture, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and then stir in eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sorghum flour, cocoa, and salt. Slowly stir into the warm chocolate mixture. Pour batter into baking dish. Sprinkle top with chocolate morsels.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until brownies are firm. Allow to cool for 30–40 minutes before removing from pan. Remove the brownies by lifting the edges of the foil up. Place on a cutting board, remove the foil, and cut into squares.