Double Chocolate Mint Cookies
For magnificent cookies, add your favorite chopped nuts.
Serves: 15Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ⅔ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 square (1 oz.) unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (10 oz.) mint chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer. Gradually add granulated and brown sugars. Mix well. Add egg, vanilla extract, and melted chocolate and continue to beat. Gradually add flour and beat until dough is smooth. Fold in mint morsels.
- Spray nonstick cooking spray on a baking sheet. Using a teaspoon, drop large teaspoons-full of dough onto the baking sheet. Bake 10 to 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.