Double Corn Loaf
What do you do with all the bags of frozen corn that have about 1⁄4 cup rattling around at the bottom? Save them up and use in this fabulous quick bread recipe, of course.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Place half of the corn in a blender or food processor and process until as smooth as possible. Mix with whole kernel corn in large mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Pour batter into greased pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until corn bread is golden brown around the edges and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.